Shenandoah Valley Cultural Heritage Museum at The Edinburg Mill



Historic 1848 Mill Museum and Gift Shops

Hours:

Mon. - Sat: 9:30am-5:30pm Sunday: Noon - 5pm

Member of Trail Networks:

Virginia Oyster Trail Site Number: 145875

The Historic Edinburg Mill is one of the few in the state to survive the burnings of the Civil War. The 20,000+ sq. ft. building has been restored, complete with elevator. Exhibits cover 3 floors and subject matter ranges from Valley transportation, the Edinburg/Madison District Museum, Civil War, Red Cross to Boy Scouts. A film theater shows a newly produced film entitled “The Burning”, based on the book by John Heatwole, several times a day. No charge to visit the first floor exhibits, Visitor Center and two gift shops. Two additional floors of exhibits and the film require a small donation to the Save The Mill Fund. Restaurant space in the basement is not yet operational, though several banquet rooms are in use on a regular basis, and a wine shop is now in operation. Ample parking



Contact:

Dan Harshman

Phone:
540-984-8400

Email:
EdinburgMill@gmail.com

Website:
http://www.edinburgmill.com

Address:
214 South Main Street
Edinburg, VA 22824


View Larger Map

Sponsors

Virginia Commission for The Arts
Take Home A Piece of Virginia
Virginia is for Lovers

© 2014-2017 Artisans Center of Virginia. All rights reserved. Website maintained by CharlottesvilleMedia.com